Monday, December 26, 2011

Family photo complete with Kelly doing her bid'ness (From left: Dad, Mom, Claudia--holding Sophie, Ana, Eric, me, and Kelly)

Christmas was such a blessing this year!  We opened presents at 6AM (yes, I'm still a child and I barely slept at all)!  I didn't really ask for anything because I like to be surprised.  I received lots of warm sweaters, scarves, gloves, and socks as well as a digital camera!  I'm so excited about the camera! I love taking pictures (even if I'm not very good)!  It was a really great time to relax with my family and enjoy food and a worship service and tradition.  One of our traditions is to see a movie on Christmas Eve (complete with drinks, popcorn, and candy).  This year we saw Puss in Boots. I was a little wary when I heard that this was the choice, but it was really cute.  It was nice sharing all of our traditions with Ana.  Ana is our foreign exchange student from Madrid, Spain.  She is so sweet and has learned SO much English since arriving in October. 
Ana, our sweet Spanish exchange student
                                        
Today, my mom and I went shopping at 8 to swipe some of those $15 jeans at Old Navy and exchange a coat I received for Christmas.  I got two pairs of skinny jeans, two long sleeved solid tees, a plaid flannel shirt, a new black cardigan, and an adorable pair of olive green wedge ankle boots for under $100!!! I played dress up all day.  I also watched a hair tutorial over at http://ticktockvintage.blogspot.com/2011/12/messy-bun-tutorial.html. It's a great go-to style for day-after-showering hair.

I bought three new flute pieces: Night Soliloquy by Kent Kennan, Serenade by Howard Hansen, and Bloch's Suite Modale.  I'm very excited about learning some new music! And, I must confess, I finally did the ultimate flute nerd thing--I subscribed to Flute Talk. It's a magazine all about flute stuff. Super nerdy. 
Here's a recording of the 4th movement of Bloch's Suite Modale. It reminds me of The Princess Bride soundtrack

I also did some research on churches in the area.  I've got a few that I'm looking forward to visiting.  I'm also kinda scared.  I really want to get involved in a college group; but despite all of my outgoing-ness around my friends, I'm afraid of meeting new people in church settings.  I know that God will point me to the right place and will give me the courage to meet new people at these churches. I am eager to see what He has in store for me this semester!  It will be so exciting!
I am extremely grateful for this past semester.  I've learned a lot about myself and I know that I have a lot of room to grow.  I'm thankful for my family, friends, work, music, and school.  I hope that everybody else has so much to be thankful for, too!

Until soon,

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment