Sunday, January 1, 2012

How I spent my NYE

Hi guys!

I hope you had an awesome New Year's Eve!  Yesterday, I worked from 9-3:30 and it was great. I love my coworker, Payton.  We have a good time serving customers, chatting, joking, and cleaning.  When I got off work, I realized that I hadn't made any NYE plans!  I wasn't really surprised by my lack of planning (I like to think of myself as the spontaneous type).  So, I called my family to see what their plans were.  Imagine my surprise when they all had plans. All of them. Traitors.  So, I texted a bunch of friends to see who wanted to have a little shindig.  I was feeling kind of like a desperate loser, but one of my best friends replied.  One person came over. I am not a loser! Yay!!

It was actually really fun!  I made homemade broccoli cheddar soup (recipe http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2011/12/creamy-broccoli-cheddar-soup.html) and whole wheat garlic bread (it was all gone, so it must have been good).  Then we played Scrabble while listening to Frank Sinatra and joked about being old people.  One of my friends made an appearance and helped me get a 34 point word--amazed! Then we watched Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.  That movie is pure cinematic genius, guys.  I mean, really, all those awesome special effects and witty one-liners are pure 80s-90s glory.  My friend Flannery came for the last hour and we watched Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve 2012.  We made fun of Justin Bieber and counted down the last 10 seconds while watching the ball drop.  Then we toasted 2012 with gingerale.  Cool kids right here!  It was great! I couldn't ask for better friends!  If you guys finally discover my blog name, then I hope you read this and know that I love you guys for coming to my lame party and making it awesome!

Here's some photos from the festivities:
Me and Flannery mastering the "duck face"

Group duck face!

Scrabble and homemade soup! 

I am so thankful for all my great friends, good food, and this new year! Happy 2012 everyone! Hope it's your best year yet!

Love so much,

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment